In the shadow of the majestic Bigelow Mountains, the beautiful Carrabassett River winds its way through the charming towns and villages of Kingfield, Carrabassett Valley, Stratton, Coplin and Eustis.
Whether you’re visiting the area to see gorgeous fall colors, enjoying biking and hiking during the summer or participating in a myriad of outdoor winter activities, this area offers something for everyone.
- Some of the best fishing you’ll ever find is right here. From mountain streams running with trout, to Flagstaff Lake and a bevy of ponds teaming with Brook Trout, Land-locked Salmon and Lake Trout, Anglers will have more fun than one creel can hold.
- Hunters come from all over to experience hunting at its finest. Our abundant wildlife population offers many big game opportunities. You’ll also find excellent waterfowl and small game hunting.
- Eustis is a favorite with the snowmobiling crowd. Our villages are noted for their well groomed network of snowmobile trails. The Arnold Trail Snowmobile Club maintains nearly 130 miles of well-marked trails connecting with hundreds of miles of snowmobile trails in neighboring communities.
- Maine Huts & Trails provides 45 miles of maintained hiking and cross country ski trails with three full service lodges along the way.
- The 740-mile, nationally recognized, Northern Forest Canoe Trail traces Native American travel routes across some of the most scenic paddling country in the Northeast from Old Forge, New York, across Vermont, Québec and New Hampshire, to Fort Kent, Maine.
- Sugarloaf/USA, a year-round resort with above treeline snowfields, rentals, lessons, ski shops, health club w/indoor pool, complete mountain village with shops and restaurants, on-mountain lodging, Nordic skiing, snowboard park, golf and child care, is located in the heart of Carrabassett Valley, just a short drive from Eustis.
- The Sugarloaf Outdoor Center offers cross-country skiing on 105km of the best groomed trails in the East. The Center also offers a warm, comfortable lodge with magnificent views, an Olympic-size skating rink, snowshoeing, and more.
- While outdoor recreation is our specialty, the area also offers some wonderful historic and culture opportunities: Western Maine’s Children’s Museum, Dead River Area Historical Society, Stanley Museum, Kingfield Historical Society and historic Wire Suspension Bridge, the oldest suspension bridge of its type in the country!
Click here for the official Flagstaff Area Business Association site.