Franklin County offers unparalleled recreational opportunities with many mountains, lakes, streams, ponds, one of the top ten golf courses in the U.S, skiing opportunities and snowmobile trails, as well as hunting, hiking, biking, horseback riding, swimming, boating, fishing and ATV trails.
The county offers many choices of places to stay eat and shop. The small businesses you visit while touring our quaint villages and downtown main streets are run by local people who will come to know you and your entire family by name. We pride ourselves on maintaining the small town feel and close-knit community ties that are often lost in other areas and remembered in years past.
Artists and artisans alike abound in every community with galleries, theater productions, music and talented crafters showcasing their talents throughout the year.
Nordica Homestead, Farmington - home of Lillian Nordica – the first American woman to appear on the grand opera stages of Europe
- Stanley Museum in Kingfield – a first hand look at a vintage Stanley Steamer
- Ski! Sugarloaf, Saddleback and Titcomb mountains
- Golf! Sugarloaf Golf Club
- Annual Chester Greenwood Day – first Saturday in December – Farmington – parade, chili contest, birthday cake, Rotary Festival of Trees at the Granary, music, food and fun!
- Mt. Blue State Park, Weld
Click here for the official Franklin County Chamber of Commerce site.