Where to roll?
Looking for a place to hit the trail? Where there’s snow there is a place to go. From the serenity of Pineland’s conifer forested trails to the thrill of a backwoods and downhill adventure in the Carrabassett here are our picks for places to get rolling.
Trails (South to North)
- Pineland Farms, 15 Farm View Road, New Gloucester
- Mount Apatite, 98 Small Road, Auburn
- Range Ponds State Park, 26 State Park Road, Poland
- Carter’s X-Country Ski Center, 420 Main Street, Oxford
- Shepard Farm Preserve, 139 Crockett Ridge Road, Norway
- Bethel Village Trails at the Bethel Inn Resort, 21 Broad Street, Bethel
- Carter's X-Country Ski Center, 786 Intervale Road, Bethel
- Highwater Trail Loop, State Road 113, Bethel
- Rangeley Lakes Trails Center, 524 Saddleback Mountain Road, Rangeley
- Narrow Gauge Pathway, 3209 Carrabassett Drive, Carrabassett Valley
- Maine Huts & Trails, Rte 27/Stratton Brook Trailhead, Carrabassett Valley
- Sugarloaf Outdoor Center, 5092 Access Road, Carrabassett Valley
Rent your Ride
Fat Biking in Maine’s Lakes and Mountains is easy, especially when you can rent all the equipment you need for your adventure. Just remember to bundle up and bring your helmet.
- AJ's Cycles - 2745 Main Street, Rangeley, 207-864-2850
- Bethel Village Trails at the Bethel Inn Resort - 21 Broad Street, Bethel, 207-824-6276
- Barker Mountain Bikes - 53 Mayville Road, Bethel, 207-824-0100
- Busytown Bikes - 996 Sabattus Street, Lewiston, 207-241-3233
- Green Machine Bike Shop - 419 Main Street, Norway, 207-739-2324