Ice Skating in Maine's Lakes and Mountains
Ice skating in Maine is right up there with building snowmen, ice fishing and sledding, as far as traditional winter activities go. So when the ponds freeze in this neck of the woods, Mainers lace up their skates and hit the ice.
This versatile sport is quite popular because it only requires two things: ice and skates. With dozens of ponds and outdoor rinks to discover, simply ask a friendly local resident or make a call to the town office and you’ll be on your way to enjoying a bit of Maine's frozen fun.
- Androscoggin Bank Colisee, Lewiston
- Haley Pond, Rangeley
- Hippatch Field, Farmington
- Kineowatha Park, Wilton
- Norway Savings Bank Arena, Auburn
- Robinson Arena at Hebron Academy, Hebron
- Sugarloaf Outdoor Center, Carrabassett Valley
- The Bethel Inn Resort, Bethel